Monday, December 17, 2012

Will it!

July 2011

I was through a tough time. My grades weren't as good as I expected and I confess by that time I had given up on that. It was the middle of the year, so technically I still had time to change it, but the more I tried to do better, the more things turned to be harder. English was my worst mark. I had achieved my worst mark in all years of school. I really had no idea of what I was supposed to learn. I knew I was going to fail. There almost was nothing left to do. That's the point. Almost.
My parents and I felt we should make a decision. By that time, they had been called to go to school to talk to the teacher a couple of times. They already knew what they would talk about. That wasn't so difficult to predict at all.
Then, my father changed me to another school. This time, it was smaller one. Although it seemed to be nice. 
I knew that was probably the right thing to do. 


December 2011

After six months studying as hard as I should have studied in the whole year, I got all my grades very high. I even broke my record, since 2008 I hadn't had high grades at first. About english, I started having particular English classes with an awesome teacher. Which I am very grateful for had. Well, I guess that was the beginning of a new stage, I could feel it.
I took off vacation, saw snow for the first time in my life and relaxed. I knew there was a possibility of coming to U.S. to spend 2012 studying abroad. Although there wasn't nothing definitely set, I did know that even if I didn't go to study abroad, I'd have to starting taking English a little more serious. I knew I would have to change for the next year, because I had reached such a bad situation, that I will never want to repeat.

July 2012

I had been living in California about four months. I have to admit that the moment I knew I was gonna live in US I freaked out. My previous year hadn't been that great and I had no idea how things would turn out.
Since I got in SF lots of things changed. One of them, and I guess the first one off top my head, is that people speak in English and it's real. It sounds like the silliest thing in the world, but that's true. If you speak a good English, you technically are able to speak with other people from different countries. That's fantastic!
I decided to learn by listening to musics, watching movies, talking to people. Surprisingly, after few months I was able to speak English!!

December 2012

What else can I want? I speak in English, lived abroad, have read several books in English, have two blogs and a lot else.
When I look back to what happened to me I though if that really had to happen, to change me. I don't know the answer. Maybe. I am sure about one thing, which is everything happens for a reason. Even though you are through a though time, things can and will change.
By the time my grades were as bad as it had never been, I figured I had to focus on changing me and them, instead of wasting my time with regret.
One year after that experience, I can say that things happen with you to make you be a better you. Instead of looking down, I admit I had to change. That's sometimes what needs to happen, admit your situation and focus on changing it for better. You can change anything you want, you just have to will it. ;)

The pain of today might make you smile tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment