Monday, December 10, 2012

Camera Obscura!




I wrote about Fort Point here and over there, there is a camera obscura! On this post I am explaining why the image turns over!

In the past, the people didn't have cameras to take pictures, so the solution to record things was by drawing!

If you escaped of the physical lessons, don't worry, The first image that I put,  can help you to understand what I'm going to explain. When you're in a room with a small hole, the image gets in, and after that it turns over and ends up upside down!! It is a optical phenomenon and that's exactly what happened on the second pic!

I promised that I had come back to the Fort Point and I'd taken a picture inside the camera obscura! So, the second photo is the Golden Gate Bridge upside down! That experience for me was strange because it looked like a painting in motion! It's unique!

This exhibition in the Fort Point is over, however there is a camera obscura near Cliff House!

Hope you got my explanation! @sanfranotes

No comments:

Post a Comment