Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fort Point!






Fort Point is a National Historical Landmark which was built between 1853 and 1861. It was a important place for SF 'cause it used to defend SF Bay of against hostiles warships. It is at the southern side of the Golden Gate Bridge, exactly here.
I have been there and if you go, I recommend, get a jacket because the wind is too strong over there!
The place is really interesting, at the total of four floors and on each one of them you can appreciate differently! For example, there has been a exhibition called International Orange and 16 artists created their way to approach the bridge. Each one of them in their different points of view. I didn't see all of the works, but all of that I saw were interesting. I saw and recommend the camera obscure and on first floor there is a special area for short videos and some materials in exhibitions. This is a special exhibition in celebration of the anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge and the works will be in exhibition until October 28.


Ps: I took pictures inside the camera obscure, but any picture of mine was good enough to publish here... unfortunately. 


Anyway, I recommend! Don't forget a jacket and everything will be ok!


Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment